Our School Crest was designed to represent the amalgamation in 1931 of the Kirchdorf Private School (1881) and the Wartburg Private School (1892). The School, which overlooks the Karkloof Mountain Range and Albert Falls Dam, is closely affiliated to the two local Lutheran Congregations and is situated in the small village of Wartburg about 32 kilometres NE of Pietermaritzburg just off the R614.
Our motto “Dennoch fest und frei” meaning “Steadfast and Free”, serves as the cornerstone for the requirements of our Mission Statement, which is to provide an education that will equip all learners for future success in society through creating a happy, Christian-based environment. All learners have the opportunity, through constructive interaction with motivated facilitators, to achieve their full individual academic, cultural and sporting potential.
We have every confidence in the future of Wartburg Kirchdorf School, a belief based on a strong tradition, pro-active decision making, and a willingness to adapt to change in order to ensure that our learners are well prepared to face the challenges of the future.